Tuesday, May 3, 2016

“I have been asked what I mean by word of honor.I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls- walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground- there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk like around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? No, never! I’d die first.
-Karl G. Maesar

What this quote is saying is that it sets an example on how he would never break a promise and rather die than break it. No matter how bad he was tortured or trapped he still wouldn’t break a promise. This is educating us to always keep our word of honor to the promises we make because a promise is something strong you make and it shall not be broken ever

No comments:

Post a Comment